About me and my mission

Hello, my name is Erica and I'm 26. Welcome to The Unhappy Fat Girl! This blog is going to be about my journey to lose weight and become healthy. I honestly don't have a plan other than I am going to start small. The reason I started this blog is to create something be accountable to. I think it will help me get where I want to be. Another reason I decided to do this was maybe someone, somewhere, will stumble upon this and find motivation for themselves to become healthier too.

My History: I have been heavy for as long as I can remember. I was always a pretty fit kid, though a little chunky. From the first years of grade school to my early years of highschool, I was very self conscious. I used to get teased by my classmates about how I looked, which impacted my self esteem for many years.
My family tried to guide me in the right direction when it came to eating. I think the sadness I had from being teased so often was heavier on my mind than how to eat right. Part of my problem growing up was that I took comfort in food. Now that I'm older and a little wiser, I can identify those issues.
Currently, I am not sure of my weight. I know that the scale at the doctors office maxed out at 350lbs. When I stood there, watching the nurse try to get my weight... I wanted to break down and cry... I remember thinking to myself; "What have I done to myself?!" and knew then and there, it was time to change. So, here I am, putting it in writing for the world to see; I am changing my life for the better. I want things that I can't currently achieve. One day, saying "I can't." will be replaced with "I did!"
I don't know what I will blog about, how often, or what successes I will have. I don't know what failures I will have either, which is why I am thankful for any and all of my followers. Having people there to push me when I want to give up, to celebrate my successes with me, and to pick me up when I trip and fall. Out of all the times I've tried to get healthy, I think this will be the winner. With you all backing me up, I can't lose!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Leftovers

Oh my goodness! I don't know if y'all wanna hear this but it makes me laugh...

My thighs hurt every time I sit down on the toilet.... Its left-over's from yesterday... the good kind of leftovers LoL. Not the kind you stick in a tupperware dish and shove in the fridge. Hahaha!

Lastnight I did my nails for spring (I know, possibly going overboard with this whole spring thing but I am SO ready for warmer weather) and I like how they turned out ♥  Pink with white polkadots!

Also, got my hair chopped again. It's not quite as short as I want it but that can be fixed.

"Left-over's are good for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment